200 gr. (about 7 oz.) chopped (or ground) Seitan (meat substitute)
200 gr. (1/2 lb.) fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small can chopped tomatoes (1 cup)
1 small scallion, sliced
1 sliced leek
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup chopped pumpkin or squash
1 small handful dried mushrooms (soaked for 1/2 hr. and then chopped)
3 medium carrots, cubed into small dice
2 chopped celery sticks
1/2 boullion cube
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
a pinch of dried thyme or fresh if available
a small bunch of parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup red or white wine
pasta of your choice, preferably tagliatelle (broad noodles)
grated parmigiano cheese.
1. Saute’ the scallion, leek and celery in the hot oil.
2. Add the crushed garlic and saute’ briefly without browning. Add the chopped fresh tomatoes and continue to saute’.
3. Add the chopped or ground Seitan and continue to saute’ for a couple of minutes. Add the drained mushrooms.
4. Add the wine and let it evaporate.
5. Add the prepared carrots, pumpkin and canned tomatoes.
6. Add salt, pepper and thyme.
7. Gently simmer for about an hr. or 25 minutes in a pressure cooker. When done mix in the chopped parsley.
8. Serve over freshly cooked pasta and sprinkle with grated parmigiano cheese.