200 gr. flour
110 gr. butter
110 gr. light brown sugar
80 gr. chopped nuts (almond/walnut/cashew)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of baking soda
grated rind of one lemon
optional: chocolate chips for decoration
1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg yolk and lemon rind and vanilla.
3. Lightly toast the chopped nuts together with a knob of butter on a frying pan. Cool.
4. Mix the cooled nuts into the butter mixture.
5. Now add the flour whisked together with the baking soda a couple of spoonfuls at a time.
6. Form the dough into a ball (add a little milk if too dry).
7. Pat (or lightly roll out) the dough into a lightly buttered pie pan.
8. Draw a fork across to form a pattern and bake in a preheated 180deg C oven for 30-35 min. or until golden.