These light Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside and a little chewy on the inside. They’re not overly peanutbuttery but taste more like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with a touch of peanut butter. Sure to please any cookie connoisseur!
1/2 cup butter (part coconut oil good)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)*
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup oatmeal
1. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla until fluffy.
3. Whisk the dry ingredients together and mix them into the above.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
5. Flatten cookies slightly with a fork dipped into brown sugar.
6. Bake at 350degF (180degC) for 10 minutes.
7. Remove cookies to a cooling rack. Store in a tightly covered container or cookie jar.