INGREDIENTS (about 18-20)
50 gr. very soft or melted butter
50 gr. olive or coconut oil (or a mix of the two)
95 gr. very fine light brown sugar (or you can process it into a fine powder)
50 gr. flour plus 50 gr. whole rice flour (or 100 gr. flour)*
pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking powder
a few drops of vanilla
1 cup of blueberries
optional 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (for a chocolate version)**
1. Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy.
2. Mix in the butter/oil mixture and the vanilla.
3. Combine the flours and baking powder, then incorporate these into the above mixture.
4. Place about a tblsp. of the batter into each buttered madeleine mold.
5. Place about 3 blueberries on top of each madeleine.
6. Bake in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven four about 10-12 min. or until barely golden.
7. Let pastries cool in their molds for about 5 minutes before turning them out to a cooling rack.
* the whole rice flour gives aninteresting texture.
** Mix in 1 tbsp. cocoa to about half the batter then bake as usual.