INGREDIENTS (for a small 8″ cake)
1 cup crushed cookies (graham crackers or wholewheat cookies)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
1 cup cream cheese (I used robiola)
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
grated rind 1/2 lemon
1 envelope instant unflavored gelatine
1/4 cup tepid water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh pitted cherries
This recipe makes 6 small servings. You might want to double it for a larger cheesecake.
1. Mix the crushed cookies, sugar and butter together.
2. Press the mixture into a wax paper lined 8″ cake pan. Place it into the fridge to firm up.
3. In the meantime whip the cream until stiff gradually beating in half of the powdered sugar. Set aside.
4. Beat the cream cheese with the rest of the sugar, lemon rind and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle the gelatine over the tepid water. Mix until dissolved. Fold into the cheesecake mixture.
6. Spread the prepared mixture over the chilled crust and top with the desired berries.
7. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 or 4 hours (or more) until firm.