The crust is simply chocolate and amaretto cookies pulverised in your food processor with a handful of walnuts. A sprinkling of chocolate chips give it the final touch. Perfect as a Thanksgiving dessert!
1 1/2 cups pumpkin (or squash) puree.
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup robiola (or cream cheese) about 50 gr.
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup fine light brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ginger
grated rind of one orange or 2-3 drops orange extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping
1/2 cup finely crushed chocolate cookies
1/4 cup finely crushed amaretto cookies
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
3 tbsp melted butter
1. For the filling place all the filling ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. For the crust combine all the crust ingredients. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Press the mixture into a wax paper lined cake pan with removable rim.
4. Pour the filling onto the crust and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake the cheesecake in a preheated 170deg C (325deg F) oven for 55-60 minutes.
6. Cool cake on a cooling rack before removing the rim. Chill well in the fridge before serving.