1 cup pumpkin puree (about 224 gr. raw)
1 cup all purpose flour (125 gr.)
1/2 cup (50 gr.) almond flour (ground almonds)
1 tsp (4 gr.) baking powder
pinch of salt and a pinch of baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
3 large eggs
2/3 cup fine light brown sugar (120 gr.)
grated rind of one organically grown orange (or 3 drops of orange extract)
1 cup of ricotta (200 gr.)
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup (50 gr.) powdered sugar
1. Beat the eggs until foamy, then gradually beat in the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients sifted together. Mix in the almond flour.
3. Lastly mix in the pumpkin puree until completely combined with the batter.
4. Pour the mixture onto a buttered and wax paper lined jelly roll pan (34X25 cm). Smooth the top.
5. Bake in a preheated 160degC (350degF) oven for 20 minutes until top is firm.
6. Turn over pan onto a clean powder sugar covered dishtowel. Peel off wax paper.
7. Starting out on narrow end roll up the sponge cake and towel together. Cool on a rack.
8. Continue cooling the roll in the fridge until cold.
Beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat the ricotta until soft. Mix in the sweetened whipping cream into the ricotta. Add the orange flavoring. Chill in the fridge. When the roll and filling are well chilled, unroll the spongecake and spread the filling evenly over. Discard the towel and
roll up the spongecake once more into a tight roll. Wrap in wax paper and chill in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before slicing.