5 large eggs (separated)
2 – 1/2 cups (300 gr) flour
1 cup (150 gr) sugar
3/4 cup (150 gr) sugar
1/3 cup (100 gr) chopped walnuts
3 tbsp honey
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup (70 ml) mild extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup (100 ml) water
pinch of salt/cinnamon each
1. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Set aside
2. Beat the yolks with the sugar until fluffy.
3. Gently mix in the honey, oil, salt and water.
4. Fold in the chopped nuts.
5. Sift together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
6. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. (don’t over mix)
7. Carefully fold in the egg whites using an over/under motion with a large spoon.
8. Transfer batter into an ungreased bundt pan.
9. Bake in a preheated 150deg C (325deg F) oven for 1 hr. When baked remove pan from oven and immediately hang it inverted over a heavy bottle to cool completely. When cooled run a knife around the cake, invert and tap bottom of pan to release the cake onto a serving plate. Slice and enjoy with a dusting of powdered sugar.