2 medium eggs
1/4 cup milk (any kind ok: whole, almond, etc.)
1/2 small white onion, cut in pieces
1/4 cup all- purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
3 large or 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
Olive oil (not extra virgin), or other oil for frying
accompaniment: applesauce, sour cream, greek yogurt, salmon
1. Soak the potatoes in cold water for a few minutes. Drain.
2. Place the first 7 ingredients and half the potatoes in the blender.
3. Pulse a few times until potatoes are coarsely chopped.
4. Add the rest of the potatoes and pulse again.
5. Then blend normally for a few seconds until mixture is uniformly grainy but not completely smooth.
6. Pour about 1/4 cupfuls into the hot oil in the frying pan, smooth out with the back of a spoon.
7. Mixture might seem runny which is ok (if too thin add a bit of four). Fry both sides of pancakes until golden with crisp edges. A heavy bottomed pan works well here.
8. Drain on paper towels if you wish. Serve hot with an accompaniment if desired. Makes 12 – 15.