INGREDIENTS (about 6-8 tarts)
2 medium golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced (not too thinly)
6-8 tsp honey
1/4 cup pinenuts
1 roll puff pastry
1 beaten egg
- Cut out rounds of pastry from the pastry roll with a large cookie cutter or glass (8 cm/ 3 1/2 inch diameter).
- Place a tsp of honey on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little bit of pinenuts. Repeat with other teaspoonfuls to mark the place of the tarts.
- Now place 2 or 3 whole slices of apple (sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent discoloration) on top of the honey. Add a dash of cinnamon and then top with the pastry round.
- Brush the pastries with beaten egg and prick them with a fork.
- Bake in a 200deg C (190deg F) oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Gently flip the pastries over with a spatula onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar when cool if desired.
Baked tarts on the cooling rack