INGREDIENTS (makes about 12 small cupcakes)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar* (or 1/3 cup coconut sugar plus 2 tbsp honey)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk (kefir good too)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (or melted butter)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
optional: Handful of chopped walnuts
*Increase the amount slightly if using regular sugar
Beat together until smooth:
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
2 tsp. soft butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
PROCEDURE for cupcake batter
1. Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat together until smooth (don’t over beat).
3. Fill paper lined cupcake tins with batter almost to the top.
4. Bake in a 170deg C (350deg F) preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Frost with peanut butter icing if desired.
TIP: If you wish you can beat the egg with the sugar until fluffy.