1/2 cup very soft butter
100 ml milk (or almond milk)
1/4 cup greek style plain yogurt
1 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. honey
400 gr. stone ground bread flour (Petra brand good)
2 tsp. granulated yeast
1 tbsp. dried sour dough starter
1/4 cup very soft butter
1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1. Place all the ingredients in the same order in your bread machine.
2. Regulate to the brioche setting (#4 on my machine).
3. Stop machine after 2 hrs. or the second rising. Punch down the dough.
4. Form a ball and cut it in half. Roll each piece into a rectangular shape.
5. Spread each rectangle with soft butter and sprinkle the top with a mixture of the rest of the filling ingredients. Starting at the wider end roll up the dough. Slice into 1″ (2 cm.)
wide pieces. Place pinwheels on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Cover with cling film and let rise until almost double (about 1/2 hr.).
7. Brush pinwheels with an egg beaten together with 1 tsp. water.
8. Bake pinwheels for 12-15 minutes in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven.
9. Remove them to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or cold. They freeze very well too.