3/4 cup room temperature butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 2/3 cups flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat + 1 2/3 all purpose flour)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. powdered ginger (I also added the fresh juice of a small piece of ginger crushed through a garlic press)
1/4 tsp. powdered cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
(You’ll need a cookie gun or press here)
1. Cream butter and sugar well until fluffy.
2. Add honey, maple syrup and juice of ginger (if using) and beat well.
3. Gradually blend in dry ingredients that have been sifted together.
4. Fill cookie press (about 1/3 of dough) and form cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. If using almonds or other decorations press them into the cookies at this time.
6. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) for about 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
7. Let rest for 1 minute, then remove from pan and cool.
8. Decorate with icing when cooled if desired. Stop in a tightly covered tin.