Follow recipe for almond pie crust (March 8th of this year) except substitute almonds with ground hazelnuts.
a jar of raspberry jam
Whole hazelnuts for decorating if desired
(you’ll need two sizes, medium and small, heart shaped cookie cutters)
1. Roll out the previously prepared hazelnut pie crust thinly (pie crust thickness).
2. Cut out two medium sized hearts. Then with the smaller sized heart press into one of the larger ones and remove the center. Place center on cookie sheet. Now place the remaining “rim” of the heart onto the other larger heart. Now you have formed a tart.
3. Repeat with the rest of the dough and fill the centres of the tarts with the raspberry jam. Decorate the smaller plain hearts with the hazelnuts if desired.
4. Bake the tarts in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
5. If the bottoms of the tarts are slightly soft on the bottom you can place them in the oven directly on the rack for about 5-10 minutes to crisp up.