For the Matcha cheesecake layer:
7 oz. (210 gr.) “Robbiola” cream cheese (or a cream cheese of your choice)
3 1/2 oz. (110 gr.) white chocolate
3/4 cup (80 gr.) powdered sugar
2 tbsp. (about 8 gr.) Matcha tea powder
For the brownie layer:
1/3 cup (80 gr.) butter, melted
5 oz. (150 gr.) dark chocolate, melted
1/2 cup (80 gr.) sugar
2/3 cup (70 gr.) all purpose flour
2 tbsp. (10 gr.) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Melt the white chocolate over hot water. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat the cream cheese together with the powdered sugar in a large bowl.
3. Beat in the Matcha tea powder, melted chocolate and egg until fluffy and smooth. Set mixture aside.
4. To make the brownie layer start by melting the dark chocolate over hot water. Remove from heat.
5. Beat in the melted butter and sugar. Let cool slightly.
6. Beat in the eggs, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. (fold in nuts if using)
7. Preheat oven to 375deg. F (180deg. C).
8. Line an 8X8 inch pan with buttered parchment paper. Spread evenly with 3/4 of brownie mixture. 9. Cover brownie layer with the Matcha cheesecake mixture. Drop dollops of the remaining brownie mixture over and run a knife through both layers, swirling, to create a marbled effect. (if remaining brownie mixture is too thick add up to 1/4 cup milk). Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool and store in the refrigerator if not serving immediately. Cut into squares when ready to serve.