INGREDIENTS for PASTA FROLLA (Italian sugar cookie dough)
2 cups + 1 tbsp. (250 gr.) all purpose flour
1 cup minus 1 tbsp. (125 gr.) slightly softened butter
2/3 cups (110 gr.) superfine sugar
1 whole egg + 1 yolk beaten together
(optional: grated lemon rind)
1) Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt.
2) Cut in pieces of the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter.
3) Quickly mix in the beaten eggs (and rind) with a fork to form a ball.
4) Without handling very much, knead the dough 3 or 4 times.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1/2 hour.
6. Roll out thinly on a floured board and cut out desired shapes.
7. Bake in a preheated 370deg F (180deg C) oven for 10-15 minutes .
8. Remove to a pastry rack to cool and decorate if desired.
TIP:If you wish cookies can be sandwiched together with chocolate ganache.
(4 oz. or 125 gr. dark chocolate melted with 2 tbsp. cream over hot water)