INGREDIENTS (about 6-8 patties)
1 lb. (400 gr.) butternut squash or pumpkin (steamed)
1/2 cup (50-60 gr.) chickpea flour
1 small garlic clove
2-3 sage leaves
1 small scallion
handful of almonds
salt and pepper to taste
yogurt sauce: mix a small tub of Greek yogurt with a tsp. of olive oil, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice and a dash of curry powder
PROCEDURE for patties
1. Place all ingredients except chickpea flour in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Mix in the chickpea flour to form a dense mixture that can be gathered into a ball.
3. Flatten the ball into a disk that you cut into 8 equal parts.
4. Form each section roughly into a “carrot” shape.
5. With a spatula remove each piece to an oiled wax paper lined baking sheet. Spritz with a bit of olive oil.
6. Bake at 370degF (180deg C) for about 30 minutes. Serve hot with a sprig of rosemary if desired. Good with the yogurt sauce.