3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
about 1 cup water (enough to form a soft dough)
1/4 cup clarified butter for frying
optional For a touch of golden color add 1-2 tsp. turmeric powder
1. Combine ingredients to form soft dough.
2. Knead until smooth and not sticky.
3. Let rest 30 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 8-10 pieces. Roll into balls and set aside.
5. Roll each ball into a thin as possible disk on a lightly floured surface.
6. From the midpoint slice a radius into the dough with a sharp knife.
Brush the disk all over with a little of the clarified butter and sprinkle with a little flour. Then start rolling from one edge to form a cone.
Now place the wide part of the cone heads down and flatten it with your palm onto the floured surface. Roll out the disk as thin as possible. Brush with a little butter and sprinkle with flour.
7. Bake each disk on a hot non-stick pan a couple of minutes on each side or until it puffs up and turns golden.
Brush with clarified butter.