100 gr. almond flour
90 gr. all purpose or multigrain flour
50 gr. buckwheat flour
60 gr. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
2 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
pinch of salt
2 large room temperature eggs
50 gr. soft butter
40 gr. coconut oil
1/4 cup cream (or milk)
3-4 large sliced apricots
for glaze: 1 tbsp. honey mixed with juice of half a lemon
1. Beat the eggs with half of the sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat butter, oil, honey and rest of sugar until fluffy.
3. Gently beat in butter mixture into the egg mixture until combined. Set aside.
4. Sift the all purpose, buckwheat flours together with the baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
5. Mix the almond flour into the above sifted flours.
6. Now gently mix in the resulting flour mixture into the prepared butter/egg mixture alternating with the cream.
7. Transfer the mixture into three greased non stick mini loaf pans. (or a large loaf, or cake pan).
8. Arrange the sliced apricots over the top. Bake in a preheated 170deg C (350deg C) oven for about 30 minutes for the mini loaf pans or longer (34-40 min.) for the larger pan. Test with a toothpick if done. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack.
glaze While the loaves are still warm brush the honey mixed with the lemon juice over each loaf.