3 cups peeled and shredded baking potatoes
1/2 cup grated white onion
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
olive il for frying
1/2 lb. (220 gr. marinated or smoked salmon)
1 cup sour cream
black olives for garnish
1. Briefly soak the shredded potatoes in a bowl of cold water and drain well.
2. Place mixture in a sieve and press well with back of spoon to remove most of the liquid.
3. Mix in the remaining ingredients up to egg.
5. For each latke fry one large tablespoon of mixture, pressing down to flatten, in the hot oil.
6. Turn and finish frying the other side. Latkes should be golden and crisp.
7. Sandwich a piece of salmon between two latkes and top with a dollop of sour cream.
8. Decorate with an olive if desire. Serve with lemon wedges. (3-4 servings)
Tip: A delicious alternative is to substitute half the shredded potatoes with grated squash (or a firm pumpkin).