2 cups cooked quinoa
1/4 cup grated parmigiano cheese
1 medium grated zucchini
1 large grated carrot
1/2 thinly sliced leek (lightly sautéed in 1 tbsp. oil)
a few chopped mint leaves (or parsley)
1 slightly beaten egg
1 small piece of finely chopped ginger root
1/2 tsp. turmeric or curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
optional: a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup rice flour
1. Combine all croquette ingredients (except rice flour) in a large bowl.
2. Mix everything thoroughly, cover and chill in fridge for a few minutes. (10-15 min.)
3. Using a large spoon scoop out mixture and form golf ball size croquettes.*
4. Place each croquette in a dish covered with rice flour. Turn over to cover other side.
5. Flatten them slightly. Pour a thin layer of oil into a large skillet.
6. When hot, fry the croquettes in the hot oil until both sides are golden.
*If mixture is too soft you can mix in some grated breadcrumbs.
Add a fresh rosemary twig, sage and/or thyme to the oil while frying.