1 ready rolled whole wheat flaky pastry crust
2 medium sized clumps of red chicory
1 small mozzarella cheese sliced and cut into small pieces.
1 medium red onion
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
Optional: 2 tbsp. spagetti seaweed soaked for 1/2 hr. and drained (rich in iron, potassium and Vitamin C)
1. Preheat oven to 375deg F (180deg C).
2. Unroll crust and place in pie pan. Spritz a little olive oil on the bottom crust.
3. Saute’ red onion in the oil briefly until barely soft. Add the chicory and cook for 3 or 4 minutes until wilted.
4. When slightly cooled season and mix in the parmesan and seaweed if using.
5. Pour mixture into the crust and level out.
6. Pull overhanging crust over the filling while crimping the edges.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
8. Sprinkle the prepared mozzarella over the top and bake an additional 5 minutes more.
9. Serve warm or cold.