INGREDIENTS (30-35 frittelle)
1 cup (170 gr. ) white rice
1 and 1/2 cups (300 ml. ) water
1 and 1/2 cups (300 ml. ) milk
pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp. sugar (I used coconut sugar)
grated rind of an organic orange
1 tsp.vanilla extract
1/2 cup (70 gr.) all purpose flour
oil for deep fat frying (I used “Olita”)
sugar (and cinnamon if desired)
1. Roughly grind rice in a food processor.*
2. Boil milk, water and a pinch of salt.
3. Add rice and boil for about 1/2 hr. or until rice absorbs liquid. (mix to avoid scorching)
4. When cold mix in the sugar, vanilla and grated rind.
5. Cool and chill in the fridge overnight.
6. When ready to fry mix in the flour.
7. Heat the oil in a deep pan (oil should be at least 2 inches or 5 cm. deep).
8. When oil reaches frying temperature drop batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil.
9. Fry until golden turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels. While hot roll the fritters immediately in the sugar (or cinnamon sugar mix). Serve warm.