INGREDIENTS for two servings
200 gr. Trecce Dell’Orto pasta (or any other small pasta)
2 small cold poached salmon trout filets, flaked (or salmon)*
1 cup cooked peas
1/4 cup sliced green and black olives
2 tbsp. salted capers (rinsed)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
a few basil leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
a few handfuls of rocket (rucola) salad
optional: 1/2 small sliced red onion
1. Boil the pasta in salted water for 10-12 minutes (or required time for other pasta).
2. Drain and rinse the hot pasta quickly. Set aside to cool.
3. In the meantime poach* the fish filets for 5-10 minutes or until done. Cool and refrigerate.
4. Marinate the sliced tomatoes and basil in the olive oil and lemon juice. Salt to taste.
5. Combine the cold pasta with the marinated tomatoes (with all the oil).
6. Fold in the peas, olives and capers.
7. Lastly fold in the flaked fish without breaking it up too much.
8. Serve the cold fish salad on a bed of rocket on each plate.
*Poach the fish in a small amount of salted water with a piece of onion, carrot, celery and a little white wine.