1 roll of ready made pie-crust (or pasta brise’)
1 large eggplant
2 large zucchini
1 large red pepper
2 large carrots (slightly cooked, in order to be pliable)
2 tbsp mild mustard
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup (100 ml) non-dairy cream
fresh basil (and/or thyme)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Line a regular pie pan with the pie-crust.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 deg. (180 C.)
3. Wash and prepare the vegetables. Slice the eggplant in strips of about 1/8th of an inch (keeping one side with the dark peel). Even out the vegetables to the same width (the depth of the pan) so the swirls come out even.
4. Blanch the carrots in a pan of boiling water for about 5-10 min. or until barely pliable. Slice them longitudinally.
5. Prepare the bell pepper and zucchini likewise.
6. Brush the bottom of the pie-crust with 1 tbsp of the mustard.
7. Arrange the vegetables in a spiral fashion starting with the edge of the pan, and alternating the colors until filling up the whole pan.
8. Beat the cream, 1 tbsp of mustard, grated cheese and seasonings/herbs together.
9. Pour evenly over the top and bake for 40-50 min. Cool slightly.