150 gr. (5 oz.) day old bread cubed (2 large rolls)
4 dl. (2- 1/2 cups) milk
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. very fine cornmeal (fioretto)
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
1 golden apple (cubed)
1 pear (cubed)
juice and rind of one lemon
2 tbsp. honey
50 gr. (1/3 cup) sugar
40 gr. (1/4 cup) butter
1 tbsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Optional: fresh rosemary
1. Pour warmed milk over the cubed bread and let it soak in completely for about an hour.
2. Soak the raisins in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Mix in the raisins and other ingredients (except apples and pears) and beat together.
4. Now fold in the cubed apples and pears into the mixture.
5. Pour mixture into a parchment paper lined cake pan. Sprinkle with rosemary if desired.
6. Bake in a 180deg C (370deg F) preheated oven for about an hour. Serve warm.
Miascia ready for the oven