6 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
3 tbsp. butter plus 3 tbsp. coconut oil (or one or the other)
1 cup organic coconut sugar
2 whole eggs
pinch of salt
1/2 cup flour sifted with 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 to 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts if desired
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Melt the fat(s) over low heat and stir in the cocoa, then the coconut sugar. Blend well.
2. Remove from the flame and mix in the rest of the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Pour into an 8 X 8 inch wax paper lined pan. Smooth out evenly.
4. Bake at 350 F (170 C) for about 30 minutes or until center is firm.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Lift out of the pan with the wax paper and cool a few minutes.
6. Peel off paper, cut into squares and serve.