2/3 cups (90 gr.) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (20 gr.) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup (40 gr.) coconut sugar plus 2 tbsp. extra
1/2 cup (100 ml) vegetable milk (almond, rice, etc.)
3 tbsp. vegan butter, melted (or coconut oil)
1. Sift together flour and half the cocoa into a medium bowl.
2. Stir in the sugar. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the egg, milk and melted fat. Stir this into the flour mixture without over mixing.
4. Spread mixture into an 8X8 inch (20X20 cm) lightly greased nonstick pan.
5. Combine the remaining half of the cocoa powder and 2 tbsp. of sugar. Sprinkle this evenly over batter.
6. Now carefully pour 1 cup BOILING water over the batter.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 350 F (170 C) oven until top is firm. Let rest for 5 minutes.
8. Serve warm or cold, dusted with powdered sugar if desired. Nice decorated with fresh mint leaves.