2 cups (230 gr.) flour
1 cup(115 gr.) cornstarch
3 medium eggs separated
1 cup sugar
2/3 cups (200 gr.) ricotta cheese
juice of one lemon
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup plain yogurt or kefir
1 cup fresh blueberries
butter for greasing cake pan
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Beat the egg whites until soft white peaks form. Set aside.
2. Beat the egg yolks until light and pale yellow while adding the sugar gradually.
3. Mix in the ricotta by tablespoonfuls until smooth (don’t beat in).
4. Mix in the lemon juice.
5. Sift the dry ingredients together and then add them to the above, alternating with the yogurt.
6. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
6. Flour the blueberries lightly and mix them into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into a buttered parchment paper lined cake pan.
8. Bake in a preheated 375deg F (180deg C) oven for 40-50 minutes until golden and cake tests done (with a toothpick).
9. Let cool 10 minutes, then carefully remove cake. Dust with powdered sugar when completely cooled.