*NOTE You can substitute the almond flour with ground walnuts, coconut, chopped hazelnuts or a mix of these.
115 gr. (1 cup) flour (multi grain good)
90 gr. (1 cup) almond flour*
1/4 cup chocolate chips
70 gr. finely shredded carrot (about two small)
60 gr. (1/2 cup) coconut sugar or powdered light brown sugar (1/3 cup)
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
50 gr. (1/2 cup) butter (or coconut oil, olive oil or a mix)
grated rind of an organic orange
optional: 1/2 small bar of dark chocolate for topping
*NOTE You can substitute the almond meal with ground walnuts, coconut, chopped hazelnuts or a mix of these.
1. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
2. Beat in the egg.
3. Combine the flour with the almond flour and baking powder. Mix into the above mixture.
4. Mix in the orange rind and shredded carrots.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Let the cookie mixture rest in the fridge for 1/2 hr. to firm up a bit.
7. When cooled, place rounded teaspoonfuls on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
8. Bake cookies in a preheated 160deg C (325deg F) oven for 20-22 min. until golden.
9. Cool them on a cooling rack and drizzle, with the help of a small wax paper cone, some melted chocolate on top if desired.