INGREDIENTS (for two servings)
1 medium or two small salmon fillets
1 medium avocado, cubed
1 small mango, cubed
1/2 thinly sliced fennel bulb
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1 small thinly sliced green onion (optional)
small handful (5-6) sliced macadamia nuts
a couple of bunches of mixed salad leaves and edible flowers (if desired)
toasted Nori flakes (optional) for sprinkling
1/4 cup sesame seed oil
1/4 cup Sake liquor (or white wine)
1 tbsp. soy or tamarin sauce
1 small piece ginger crushed together with one garlic bulb
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
Salad dressing: (mix or shake together well)
2 tbsp. sesame seed oil
sprig of finely chopped dill
juice of 1/2 orange
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Combine the marinade ingredients.
2. Place the fish into the marinade turning several times. Cover and leave for a few minutes (10-15 or more).
3. In the meantime prepare the steamer (or a pot with a steamer rack inside) with a couple of inches of boiling water. Lower heat to a simmer.
4. Lightly oil the steamer rack. Place fish fillets on top and cover pan. Steam for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes. Remove fillets to a plate and set aside to cool. Cut into small pieces.
5. Combine all of the salad ingredients except salad leaves and Nori. Add the salmon pieces and toss gently.
6. Place the mixed salad in a large salad bowl. Top with the salmon mixture.
7. Pour the salad dressing on top and mix before serving. Sprinkle with the Nori flakes if desired.