1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. cold butter + 2 tbsp. solid coconut oil (cut in small pieces)
1 cup yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup coconut milk (or regular milk)
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
topping: 1/4 cup brown sugar +1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Cut in the fats with a pastry blender.
3. Quickly mix in the yogurt/milk mixture until mixture clumps together.
4. Gather into a ball without handling too much. Chill briefly in fridge.
5. Pat or roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 10×6 inch rectangle. Press in the chopped nuts.
6. Fold both short ends so they meet in the canter. Then fold in half like closing a book.
7. Then roll again into a 6 inch square.
8. With a floured knife cut dough into 16 squares cutting straight down without a sawing motion.
9. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush each biscuit with a little water. Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
10. Bake in a preheated 450deg F (220deg C) oven for 12-15 minutes until biscuits are golden and crisp. Cool.