1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup ground oatmeal
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup butter (or part coconut oil)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
2. Cut in the butter (not too soft) and honey with a pastry blender.
3. Slowly add pumpkin puree while mixing, in 3 or 4 parts with a fork (don’t over mix). Dough should be sticky and moist.
4. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto a slightly greased pan, flattening biscuits slightly and leaving a little space between each.
5. Bake in a preheated 400 F (185 C) oven for about 12-15 minutes.
6. Cool slightly and remove to a rack.
7. Serve warm with soft cheese, hummus, butter, jam or whatever you like.