INGREDIENTS for four servings
4 ripe but firm peeled pears
1 and 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup honey (or 1/4 cup agave syrup)
1 cup fresh raspberries (crushed with a fork)
OPTIONAL: a fresh sprig of mint
1. Bring the water to a boil together with the honey.
2. Place the pears with a squeeze of lemon into the boiling mixture.
3. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes in a pressure cooker or about 15 minutes over a low flame.
4. Test pears with a fork and remove when tender but not soft. Set aside.
5. Boil the remaining liquid for a few minutes until reduced by almost half.
6. Add the crushed raspberries and simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. Strain the raspberry syrup through a sieve.
8. Place the pears in a glass container and pour over the syrup. Cool and refrigerate.
9. Serve with a sprig of mint if desired.