INGREDIENTS for 2 or 3 servings
4 cups (1 liter) vegetable broth
6 small red mullet fish filets
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 small sliced scallion
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup cooked frozen peas
salt, pepper to taste
pinch of dried pepper flakes
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 bay leaf
2 fresh basil leaves
1. Saute’ the chopped celery and scallion in the olive oil until slightly softened.
2. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for a couple of minutes .
3. Add the hot broth, chopped carrots, bay leaf and basil. Cook until carrots are tender (20-25 minutes).
4. Add the red mullet fish filets and simmer until they are done (about 12-15 minutes).
5. Add the previously cooked peas, chopped parsley and pepper flakes.
6. Serve hot with toasted Italian bread.