INGREDIENTS (for 4-6 crepes)
For the crepes
3/4 cups (175 ml) milk (almond good)
1 1/2 cups (100 gr) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
olive oil for frying
1 large firm but ripe pear (pared and pitted)
3 oz. (100 gr.) mild medium soft cheese (like Taleggio) cut into small pieces.
2 rounded tbsp. grated Parmigiano cheese
pinch of salt
oil or butter for greasing baking pan
2 large medium ripe pear (pared and pitted)
1 small shallot thinly sliced
a pinch of saffron powder
pinch of salt
1 small shallot
1 tbsp. honey
pinch of thyme
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Blend all of crepe ingredients in a blender. Let rest 1/2 hr.
2. When ready to fry crepes mix the batter again.
3. Fry about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter to form each thin crepe, turning once. Set aside.
4. In the meantime mix the two cheeses and salt to form a soft mixture for filling.
5. Chop the pear into small pieces and mix into the cheese mixture. Add pinch of pepper.
6. Place about 1/4 or 1/6th of filling (depending on quantity of crepes) in the center of each crepe. Gather up the edges to form a bundle and tie off with a bit of string.
7. Place the bundles in a buttered baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 370degF. Prepare the sauce as follows:
8. Slice 1/2 of the pear and saute’ it in a little butter until tender. Set aside.
9. Saute’ the sliced shallot until tender then add the remaining chopped pears and 1/4 cup water and cook until soft. Blend pear mixture with the remaining ingredients. Cook this mixture over a small flame until the sauce thickens.
To assemble: Pour some pear sauce on each plate and place a crepe bundle on top.