1 cup milk of your choice
1/2 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
3 cups all purpose flour
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup finely cubed lean bacon
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
vegetarian version: 1 small zucchini, finely shredded
1. Saute’ the bacon briefly, then add the onion and saute’ until soft and barely golden. Set aside.
2. In the meantime beat the eggs, milk and sour cream together in a large bowl.
3. Sift the dry ingredients together and add them to the above mixture, mixing briefly until barely combined.
4. Divide the mixture into two bowls. Gently mix in the bacon mixture into one and the zucchini into the other.
5. Butter and flour 12 muffin tins. Fill them 2/3 full with each mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated 375degC (180deg.F) oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.
7. Remove muffins to a cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.