200 ml whole milk
100 gr. grated parmigiano
50 gr. shredded emmentaler (Swiss) cheese
40 gr. flour
salt, pepper, nutmeg
small bunch of steamed asparagus spears
Cherry tomato confit:
280 gr. cherry tomatoes
2 tsp. sugar
fresh or dried thyme
salt and pepper
1. For the cherry tomato confit start by cutting the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Place them on an oiled wax paper lined cookie sheet (cut side up).
3. Sprinkle them with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
4. Lastly add a tiny pinch of sugar to each tomato. (Not too much as sugar can burn).
5. Spritz a little oil on the tomatoes and place the pan in a preheated 140deg C oven for two hours.
6. For the clafoutis beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
7. Mix in the rest of the ingredients except asparagus spears.
8. Pour the prepared mixture into an oiled quiche or pie pan.
9. Arrange the asparagus spears and tomato confit on top.
Bake in a preheated (190deg/375deg) quiche or pie pan for 35-40 min. until puffed and golden.