2/3 cup buckwheat flour (grano saraceno in Italy)
1/2 cup all purpose flour, gluten free flour or finely ground cornmeal (gluten free)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch of ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup plain yogurt or kefir
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup milk (almond milk good too)
2 tablespoons oil (coconut, olive, melted butter ok too)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large or 3 medium eggs lightly beaten
1 medium chopped pear (firm, not over-ripe)
(2 tablespoons chia seeds if desired. They add a nice crunch)
1. Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix together until smooth (Don’t over mix for a light pancake).
4. Fry about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake on a lightly oiled pan.
5. turn when golden and finish frying other side.
6. Serve immediately with maple syrup or honey.