1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used the ancient grain Tuminia flour)
1/4 cup oatmeal flakes ground together with 1/4 cup flax seeds
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. dry sourdough starter (optional)
1/4 cup soy flour (whole wheat ok too)
1 tsp. caraway seeds (slightly crushed)
2 tbsp. protein powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 and 1/4 cups yogurt (or buttermilk)
2 egg whites (or 6 tbsp. aqua faba for vegans)
1. Sift or whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Mix wet ingredients together.
3. Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth and fully combined.
4. Dough should be softer than regular bread dough but not liquid.
5. Transfer the dough into a greased and floured bread pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350deg F (170deg C) oven for 50-60 minutes. Leave in pan 5 minutes then turn out.
7. Cool bread on a cooling rack. Store wrapped up in wax paper. Keeps well for 3-4 days.