1/3 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
extra powdered sugar
1. Cream butter and sugar (sifted with the cocoa powder) until fluffy while adding the cream and vanilla.
2. Mix in the oatmeal and chopped nuts.
3. Chill mixture until easy to handle (about an hour in fridge).
4. Taking up a teaspoonful of the mixture, roll with your hands to form a ball shape.
5. Then roll the truffles quickly in the powdered sugar. Keep them in the fridge until serving time.
TIP: you can omit the nuts if you like and substitute them with oatmeal.